Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju bola Ahmed Tinubu on Monday addressed the Arewa Joint Committee on his agenda for Nigeria as he seeks the votes of Nigerians in 2023.
The former Lagos state governor spoke on different aspects of national issues ranging from security, economy, education and infrastructure development.
He also reacted to comments by the presidential candidate of the People’s Democratic Party, Atiku Abubakar, that northerners should only vote for the candidate from the north.
Below is an excerpt from the hour-long speech delivered at the Arewa House in Kaduna by the APC Presidential candidate, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
1. If you started your campaigns in Uyo, only to come to this Northern Forum to say you are a Northern only candidate, you have lost the election already.
2. Northern APC Governors Forum made me the candidate of APC. They said that Presidency must go to the South. Yes, I am a Yoruba City Boy from Lagos. I never made myself a Yoruba. The Northern APC Governors supported by their Southern colleagues stood by me, I beat them silly. Despite all the appeals to them after losing, they are cutting off.
3. I will fight bandits and terrorists with technology which Buhari just started this year and we are already seeing the effect. We will build on it.
4. El Rufai has explained the meaning of restructuring brilliantly. Thank you Mallam. Restructuring will help all the regions. See fertile land mass in the North. Please turn the North to grain fields. Each regions are sitting on gold mines.
5. See how we turned Lagos around. Atiku’s best building is in Lagos. (He mentioned the street I missed it). Obi and Obidients are also living in Lagos.
6. We will create incentives to rejuvenate the economy to absorb our youths.
7. Power – is very important. Electricity will help articians, small businesses, and cost of production will come down. We will accelerate to build Mambila Project. We will rejuvenate the existing power Stations.
8. Industrialization – adding value to our resources. We not allow raw exports. You must manufacture to certain level before exporting. I will reposition our industries. USA does that. We will fetch water from the dry well. We will find a way where there is no way. Why are we not the headquarters of plastic in Africa. There are many by products of refinery. DANGOTE is about to complete his refinery. Just imagine encouraging another person to build one more.
9. Agriculture and Food Security – see rice mills springing up, we will encourage them. The North will become the hub of agric. Diary economy will be encouraged. We will encourage Agro allied industries. We will guarantee stable prices through Commodities Exchange Markets.
10. Solid Minerals – Gold in Zamfara, iron ore in Kogi State etc We are not utilizing them.
11. Oil and Gas – we will encourage speedy completion of AKK pipeline to carry our gas to complete with Russia in Europe.
12. Out of School Children – we will bring them back to school through incentives. We will employ Alimajeri’s teachers. We will tell them to bring them to school for at least four hours for Western Education.
13. Corruption – we will tackle factors that caused corruption. We will make credit facilities easy and simple. If you have credit facilities to buy a car and a house, why will you want to steal again???
14. I was with Gen Shehu Musa Yaradua before Atiku Abubakar joined us. He left Customs suddenly. We then absorbed him. I always support the North eg Buhari, Nuhu and even Atiku himself. It’s pay back time. Northern APC Governors Forum made me the APC candidate, we beat those people silly.