BREAKING: Three more bodies recovered from Sunday’s Explosion in Abule Ado

Three more bodies have been recovered from the rubble of a collapsed building which resulted from the explosion at Abule-Ado in Amuwo Odofin Local Government Area of Lagos state.

The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, on Sunday, said the explosion was caused by a truck after it hit some gas cylinders stacked in a gas processing plant located near NNPC’s 2B pipeline right of way.

Advertisement

ALSO READ: Abule Ado explosion caused by gas, not pipeline – NNPC

Group General Manager Public affairs  Kennie Obateru said the impact of the explosion caused the collapse of nearby houses and damage to NNPC pipeline.

Advertisement
Advertisement
ding GIF

On his part, Lagos state governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu announced a two billion naira relief fund to help victims of the explosion.

Mr Sanwo-olu and his deputy Obafemi Hamzat visited the scene of the explosion today and commiserated with the victims of the disaster.

Advertisement

Image result for BREAKING: Two more bodies recovered from Sunday's Explosion in Abule Ado

He also said a panel had been set up to investigate the cause of the incident and also determine what preventive measures could be put in place to mitigate or totally eradicate a recurrence.

Advertisement

The explosion which occurred on Sunday rocked neighboring areas, with plumes of smoke rising into the sky from the raging inferno as a result of the blast.

 

Advertisement

leave a reply