TVC NEWS [DALIAN, CHINA]- At least four people were killed in a chemical plant explosion in northeast China's Liaoning Province on Saturday evening, local authorities said.
The explosion happened at about 18:40 in Jinzhou District, Dalian City.
According to a witness, the explosion shattered many glass windows in the neighborhood residential area, especially the ones at a student dormitory around the area. A fire was triggered afterward.
"We were at the top floor of our dormitory, (we could see that) whole factory covers a massive land, and it had all been blown up to a flat," said a student who witnessed the explosion.
The cause of the accident is under investigation.
- Four Malawian ex-ministers arrested for coup plot
- Four killed in Peshawar court compound blasts
- Four children killed in Afghan-coalition operation - Police
- At least four killed in Kenya floods
- Iraq violence: Four killed in roadside bomb explosion
- Four killed as gunmen open fire on prison in Niger
- Four killed as gunmen attack Nigeria's legislative quarters
- 'Four killed' in Sinai suicide attack
- Four killed in Sunni-Alawite clashes in Lebanon's Tripoli
- Five killed including four children in NY stabbing